“NO BRA DAY” is TODAY
Yupp…. You read it, women are being encouraged to go “commando” today and it’s for a reason.
No bra day is every October 13th right in the middle of breast cancer awareness month.
The idea is to educate women on the symptoms and signs of breast cancer, prevention and also to help women understand the importance of regular breast examinations.
How do I know I have breast cancer??
(signs and symptoms)
1) Changes in breast shape, size, position or shape
2) Areas that feel thicker than the rest of the breast
3) A change in the texture of skin
4) Rashes on the skin and around the nipple
5) Liquid coming out of the nipple without squeezing is another sign.
6) Constant pain in the armpit or breast..
7) Swelling in the armpit and collar bone.
To be very sure, you should get a breast screening at the hospital.
You can also reduce the risk of cancer by,
*limiting your alcohol intake to 1 drink per day.
* Be physically active
*Smoking is a no-no
*Minimize radiation exposure(no more microwaved food)
*Eat the right foods(leafy greens, carrots, fruits,tomatoes and limit the intake of processed foods and red meat)
*Go for regular breast screening just to be on the safe side.